Saturday, March 19, 2011

todays plyo workout

Hey everyone so here is the plyometric workout I did earlier today:

I started off with a six minute warmup on the treadmill. I alternated between speed 7 and 10 every other minute. Then I performed some dynamic stretches to get my body ready for the quick plyometric movements.
Using a 2 foot box, I started in a squat postion and jumped up onto the box and then backwards off the box (while staying low and trying to stay in the same starting squat position) for 12 jumps.
then I did sprinted high knees for about 25 meters there and back and then jumped right into a bosu ball plank.
I performed this circuit three times with about a two minute break between each.
For the next circuit I used the same box and did jumping step ups on and off the box (when doing this I started with one foot on the box and jumped up in the air getting as much height as possible and then switched feet before landing)
then i went right into 24 lunges (12 there and12 back) and then finished that set with 60 seconds of mountain climbers. Once again I performed this circuit three times and then had a two minute break.
For the last ciruit I started off with 20 steps up on the free motion machine with resistance. You can uae the box and just use weight but I prefer the free motion machine. After doing 20 on each leg (for speed) I ran right over to the laying leg curl machine and did 15 leg curls slowly. The last exercise in this ciruit was decline bench sit ups and I did 20. After doing that ciruit 2 more times I was done and Exhausted!
Believe in YOU
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like absolute murder in the best way possible. I haven't added box jumps to my own repertoire yet (http://barncathollow.com/2010/06/14/lower-body-plyometrics/), but I may link to this as an example of a great circuit. And you know I'll try it myself once my gym gets a new box.

    Hope your training is still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let me know how it goes!
    My training is still going strong! Hope your training is going great as well :D

    ReplyDelete